Metropolitan Players is seeking expressions of interest from candidates who would be interested in the role of Costume Designer for our 2018 production of “We Will Rock You”. The production will be at the Civic Theatre from 22 August to 1 September for a total of 9 performances.
Candidates must be willing to work closely as part of a dynamic production team to maintain the high quality standards that Metropolitan Players has established.
Candidates need to submit an application that addresses the following criteria:
- Outline your experience in costume design for the theatre, particularly large-scale productions.
- Indicate your ability to create patterns and cut material from these patterns or commercial patterns.
- Outline your overall sewing abilities, including making multiple outfits of the same design.
- Outline your experience in leading a small team of sewers.
- Demonstrate your organizational skills and your ability to be flexible and to meet deadlines.
Please note the following conditions associated with the role:
- You will be given a budget and any additional expenditure will need to be negotiated.
- There will be no payment associated with the role as Metropolitan Players works on a voluntary basis.
- You will have access to Metropolitan Players extensive costume stock and store of patterns and materials.
- You will need to attend rehearsals and production meetings to ensure that you are working to the overall design concept of the production.
- You will need to provide your own workspace to make the costumes and then transport them to rehearsals for fitting the cast.
- You will be expected to commit to this production and be mindful of the large workload involved before you consider any other projects.
Please forward your expression of interest to us clearly outlining how you meet the above criteria and any other details that you think would be relevant. Submissions need to be emailed to email@example.com
Submissions close on 31 October 2017.
They will then be reviewed by our committee and you will be notified of their decision later in November.